1. After several years of fun and mayhem, TSDF has closed permanently. For members, this remains a place to reminisce at old discussions and laugh at old shenanigans. For new friends who just found us, it can be an archive of reference to help you navigate your way through the TWD shows and Comics. We wish you well!

Article Walking Dead's Chandler Riggs Joins Million Little Things for Arc

Discussion in 'Chandler Riggs' started by BowlFullOfAwesome, Jan 23, 2019.

1. BowlFullOfAwesome

BowlFullOfAwesome Spoiler Team | #TSDFamily Spoiler Team Donor
    Spoiler/Social Media Stalker

Walking Dead's Chandler Riggs Joins Million Little Things for Arc
    By Michael Ausiello / January 23 2019, 9:07 AM PST

Where’s Carl?! Funny you should ask!

Nearly a year after getting killed off The Walking Dead, Chandler Riggs is poised to return to the small screen with a multi-episode arc on ABC’s rookie drama A Million Little Things, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Riggs will play PJ, a young man Rome (Romany Malco) meets. Like Rome, PJ has had some dark days and their encounter proves meaningful to both of them in ways each of them doesn’t even fully realize at the time.

The actor — who is currently booked for at least two episodes — teased his new gig earlier this week on social media, lamenting via Twitter, “Four days ago i was almost unemployed for a full year,” before adding, “Right now i’m sitting on the set of season one of an incredible tv show for my first day of work. Life changes really drastically really quickly.”

News of Riggs’ casting comes as the freshman show is enjoying a surge in momentum courtesy of its high-profile new Thursday time slot. Last week, Million christened its cushy new post-Grey’s Anatomy perch with series-high ratings.

https://tvline.com/2019/01/23/chandler-riggs-million-little-things-cast-season-1/

P_Tulip, BloodTypeZ, Tuck868 and 3 others like this.
  2. BowlFullOfAwesome

BowlFullOfAwesome Spoiler Team | #TSDFamily Spoiler Team Donor
    Spoiler/Social Media Stalker

3. KatanaQuest

KatanaQuest Hammer Wielder Donor

Congrats to Chandler. Has anyone watched the show?

Thanks for sharing @BowlFullOfAwesome

Tuck868 and BowlFullOfAwesome like this.
  4. ndtuser

ndtuser Bowman

I just binge watched it this past weekend and finished last week's episode last night. It's awesome. I am so hooked and can't wait for Chandler's story. Dare I say I might even like it more than This Is Us, and that's saying a lot because I love This Is Us.

BowlFullOfAwesome and Tuck868 like this.
  5. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

I'm a weekly viewer now and caught up with it maybe... two weeks ago? We were talking about it a bit in the main Chandler Riggs thread (he tweeted about getting on a new show, then it got announced like a day or two later) so I rolled on over to watch it. It caught my interest immediately and hasn't let me down since. The writing is fantastic and the characters are all great. There's not a single main or side main character that I've hated, and there's never really a moment I find myself considering boring. The interactions and the acting and all of it is so well done and handled.

It's possible I'm more hooked on it because it's something that speaks to me on a personal level, but I often find myself pointing out things I find unrealistic or ridiculous about a story. This one has been a ten out ten for me, and I'm glad Chandler is getting on such an amazing show. I'm like... highkey hoping the series is renewed for a second season and that he gets to stick around. By itself it's amazing, but with Chandler on it too? Extra toppings of amazing!

He really does bag the good stuff!

TL;DR I love it.

ndtuser likes this.
  6. KatanaQuest

KatanaQuest Hammer Wielder Donor

Thanks for all the details. It sounds like I should check it out with or without Chandler. But a little worried about you saying it "spoke to you on a personal level." From the promos it looks like a whodunnit or why-did-he-do-it mystery where a friend steals/looses a lot of his friend's money. I could have that wrong since I haven't seen it, but I hope that didn't happen to you personally.

BowlFullOfAwesome likes this.
  7. hpfan2342

hpfan2342 The Fast and Furious Dead Donor

Its also possible the personal level could be referring to depression, cancer, and/or experiencing divorcing parents.

I'm excited to see how Chandler's PJ will fit into this, I can't imagine he's going to be the long lost son. Also he's going to be the 2nd most recognizeable actor after Grace Park for me. I at first thought that Jon was played by Peter Gallagher (the dad from The OC) but I was wrong.

8. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

Honestly I didn't look at the promos before watching so I had no idea it looked like that. I meant more about the depression and suicide management and trying to handle a group of friends and family during that time. All the talk about seeing the signs of depression and how happy some people seem when highly depressed kind of just hit home for me. I've also lost a grandmother to cancer a bit over a year ago, and cancer is a very prominent issue on the other side of the family. So no worries there about losing money, but thank you! There is a bit of mystery surrounding a money situation, but the character I connected to most wasn't the one with the money problems. There was definitely a lot of recognition in that character's depression too though. The story is very deep and emotionally driven, and I find it pretty tense in the sense that when I'm watching, I get very focused on it (in contrast to usually being distracted during watching things and constantly pausing, but I watch AMLT live and do that stuff during commercials).

Tbh while watching it, it's actually been so good imo that I've been watching the show for the show and I sometimes kind of, in a way, forget Chandler's even going to be on it. I typically don't like drama stories, but this one carries itself without losing my interest. It's definitely a pretty heavy series though with the topics it handles, but it also handles them amazingly.

Also, the child characters are great! Nobody actually annoys me lol.

Yeah, the personal level stuff is the depression/cancer as mentioned above. I had no idea what the show was even about going into it except that it was a family drama. I was surprised to see it hit home in so many ways when I started it.

Apparently according to the announcement he'll be interacting primarily with Rome and the interaction will be more effective after the interaction? Something like that. Rome is my favorite character though so I'm super looking forward to him interacting with Chandler.

9. hpfan2342

I've been enjoying seeing him on the show so far. This week's episode he confronts the reality that his real father is dead and he SOMEHOW met his half siblings, step mom and their friends. Also he almost got kissed by his half sister. Not the first time such a story has happened, not the last. Star Wars/Game of Thrones theme mashup

10. voidxgrimes

voidxgrimes Deadmeat

y’all should watch the episode that aired tonight, he was phenomenal(unless depression/suicide are triggering for you).

Symphony4all, ndtuser and Mtricky like this.
  11. ndtuser

ndtuser Bowman

Chandler was amazing in tonight's episode!

12. Kevin Clanton

Kevin Clanton Cheetos Connoisseur!!!!!!!! Donor

Rhys Coiro "Jed" plays his dad? Weird

hpfan2342 likes this.
  13. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

Chandler has been amazing on this show through and through. I'm sure I've said it before on this forum, but his facial acting is spectacular and imo it really gets to show in this series (both because in TWD's case he didn't get to do very much when he was getting older and then he had a good chunk of his face covered for the rest of his time on the show). He also fits in so well this cast and feels very natural bouncing off their acting and I'm really glad he promoted the show once he was on it. I might not have found it otherwise. I've been very interested in the storyline for his character, too, and I'm glad he got to land this role. :cat:

ndtuser, Kevin Clanton and xyzw1234 like this.
  14. hpfan2342

I was wondering why he looked familiar!

Kevin Clanton likes this.