1. After several years of fun and mayhem, TSDF has closed permanently. For members, this remains a place to reminisce at old discussions and laugh at old shenanigans. For new friends who just found us, it can be an archive of reference to help you navigate your way through the TWD shows and Comics. We wish you well!

Article Norman Reedus Compares Season 10 Finale to Game of Thrones

Discussion in '10.16 "A Certain Doom"' started by TeddyWestside, May 28, 2020.

1. TeddyWestside

TeddyWestside Scott is Endgame. Donor

Fans of AMC's The Walking Dead are anxiously awaiting the show's Season 10 finale, which was initially supposed to air in April but coronavirus shutdowns have kept the episode from being completed. Throughout this waiting period, folks have spent time speculating just how the season will conclude, especially after the harrowing cliffhanger that saw Beta marching an army towards the show's beloved heroes. It looked, in those final moments, like one of the biggest battles in The Walking Dead history could be on the way. According to star Norman Reedus, that's exactly what fans should expect. A Game of Thrones-sized battle is heading to the zombie apocalypse.

Reedus' character, Daryl, is one of the only characters who has been on the show since the first season, so he knows a thing or two about epic battles. When speaking to EW about the finale, which still doesn't have a release date, Reedus compared the episode to Game of Thrones, which became known for its large-scale sequences.

“It's going to be an epic battle,” Reedus said. “It’s like a full-on Game of Thrones super war battle.”

The actor went on to say that, while the finale was a fun experience, it was really difficult for everyone involved. Those challenges and hardships are what ultimately made it so rewarding. Fans of Game of Thrones have heard similar stories, with much of the cast recalling the taxing battle episodes as some of the hardest moments of their careers.

“It was a lot of fun to shoot, but we really pushed the crew and pushed the actors on that one," he added. "Everyone really had to dig deep because... talk about exhausting episodes! There were huge battle scenes until the wee hours of the morning consistently, and it looks so grand on an epic scale. Those battle scenes are going to be legendary.”

“They really stick it to us on that show,” Reedus continued. “But it always pays off. This show will go down in history. And I feel like every time we get to a finale or even a mid-season finale, we could be in over our heads, but there's a confidence there and everybody really brings it.”

Unfortunately, we're still going to have to wait a while for The Walking Dead to air its Season 10 finale. The hardest part is just not knowing when it's going to arrive.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-season-10-finale-game-of-thrones-norman-reedus/

2. TeamLucille

TeamLucille Bowman

Please stop Norman

3. xyzw1234

xyzw1234 Hammer Wielder

Comparisons to GOT are not necessarily a guarantee of quality these days.

4. Charie

Charie Hammer Wielder Donor

Sounds great!! I can’t wait!!❤️

5. The_Abbott

The_Abbott Tank Driver

You know nuffin' Norman Reedus

6. CarolFanTWD

CarolFanTWD Bowman

Taking with a grain of salt as episode 15 was sold as being "a finale on it's own", which it clearly wasn't.

Here's hoping the finale lives up to it.

7. matt93

matt93 Tank Driver Donor

I know Norman’s just trying to support his own show during this whole pandemic but honestly, the more they try to get everyone hyped up so much for this finale and the longer the hiatus is, the more expectations there’ll be for 1016 to be the single most amazing finale in the show’s history. Hopefully it is. Because Kang and AMC have a lot to lose if it isn’t.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  8. KLouisville

KLouisville Bowman

If they ended 10x16 on a cliffhanger (which I suspect they have), they’ve really shot themselves in the foot since their filming for season 11 is up in the air due to the pandemic.

9. TeddyWestside

TeddyWestside Scott is Endgame. Donor

I will leave this right here for you.

How do you want to approach it? Because you all do some different things with your finale. Sometimes it’s, “All right, this is going to sort of wrap things up here.” Sometimes it’s more, “We’re going to introduce what’s going to happen the following season.” Sometimes there’s cliffhangers, sometimes there’s not. What light can you shed on that?
    I’ll just say that there’s some big stuff and there is a cliffhanger, without getting into what exactly that is. But I think hopefully it will be exciting.

https://ew.com/tv/2020/02/20/walking-dead-midseason-premiere-finale-cliffhanger/

10. Przewalski

Przewalski Hammer Wielder

I know i am being selfish, but since my interest is now mostly about Eugene, Zeke, Yumiko and Rosita. I just want Rosita to live ( my speculation is she will.)
    And i want a decent amount of screentime devoted to Eugene's group and i am still hoping that he gets to meet Stephanie. If Kang uses anything else for her cliffhanger than them meeting for the first time i will be fine :LOL:

11. NerdyGRL

NerdyGRL Senior Content Manager | Lady Capulet Senior Content Manager Donor

Well GOT finale was trash so...

12. BloodyScreaminBanshee

BloodyScreaminBanshee Merle's Prom Date and Gimple's Fan Club President Donor

Silly Norman, we don't CARE about Game of Thrones. We need our TWD!!!

13. Bella3708

Bella3708 RV Driver

Lol yep!