1. After several years of fun and mayhem, TSDF has closed permanently. For members, this remains a place to reminisce at old discussions and laugh at old shenanigans. For new friends who just found us, it can be an archive of reference to help you navigate your way through the TWD shows and Comics. We wish you well!

Article Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 Release Date Reportedly Revealed

Discussion in 'General Show Discussion' started by Robb Black, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Robb Black

Robb Black Content Manager | Spoiler Team Spoiler Team Content Manager Donor
    Fear TWD Filming Tracker

Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 Release Date Reportedly Revealed
    By CAMERON BONOMOLO - April 18, 2020 10:44 pm EDT

Fear the Walking Dead will return to AMC later than usual when the sixth season of the Walking Dead spinoff premieres this summer. Following a late November production start and a month-long pause on filming ordered in mid-March due to the coronavirus crisis, series lead Lennie James reported cast and crew based in Austin, Texas, participated in self-isolation when their scheduled week-long break turned into a one-month pause on production the same time all three Walking Dead shows entered into various stages of delay. The outbreak of COVID-19 interrupted plans for at least 40 consecutive weeks of new Walking Dead content that would have aired on Sundays through November.

The new season of Fear will launch sometime in August, according to star Danay García. That's the latest start to a season since the August 23 series premiere in 2015. Fear in recent years returned mid-April for the second and fourth seasons and early June for the third and fifth seasons, typically running through late September or October.

"This coming Season 6 is so exciting. For the first time you get to see the characters dealing with their own personal issues," García told FANFEST World. "The writers took the time to go deeper into who they really are. We've been on the show for five years, so you get to know them really well, but you hardly see them alone. When you are on your own, you discover a different part of you that you didn't know existed. That's what you'll see this season."

After Morgan (Lennie James) was shot and left for dead in the Season 5 finale, the new season finds the group of survivors split up across settlements controlled by Virginia (Colby Minifie) and the Pioneers. Among them are Alicia Clark (Alycia Debnam-Carey), Strand (Colman Domingo), Daniel (Rubén Blades), Charlie (Alexa Nisenson), Dwight (Austin Amelio), estranged wife Sherry (Christine Evangelista), newlyweds John (Garret Dillahunt) and June (Jenna Elfman), and Luciana (García).

The Walking Dead chief content officer Scott Gimple previously revealed the group's separation results in storytelling that is "more anthological" than before, telling Entertainment Weekly, "Structurally, the show is going to change quite a bit. There's going to be a great deal more focus within the stories, a little less vignette-y in telling 16 little movies."

"[Showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg] are out of the gate wonderfully with the first two episodes, and it is a differentiating thing. It’s something that separates that show from the other two shows, telling these 16 little movies, being a bit more anthological," Gimple said. "It still is a serialized story, but it's told through these very focused perspectives."

2. Stinkbug

Stinkbug Sheriff Donor

3. Walker_Waster

Walker_Waster Negan's New Right Hand Man Donor

Thanks for posting this Robb!

4. BowlFullOfAwesome

BowlFullOfAwesome Spoiler Team | #TSDFamily Spoiler Team Donor
    Spoiler/Social Media Stalker

that pushes back Season 11 TWD premiere (at least) 2 months
    I wonder if she's being optimistic? FTWD isn't even done filming....

5. matt93

matt93 Tank Driver Donor

I still don't know why they don't just simply say that it'll be a season compromised entirely of bottle episodes lol. I mean come on the audience isn't stupid, they can look right through all this dressed up talk.

Stinkbug, MC Vallory, Pape and 2 others like this.
  6. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 RV Driver

Thanks @Robb Black ! Looking forward to its return. I have a feeling this season is going to be really good. I'm not giving up yet!

Stinkbug, Pape, Mtricky and 2 others like this.
  7. StCroixBeth

StCroixBeth RV Driver Donor

how is that a "release date"? LMAO. More like a "very rough timeframe guesstimate" if you ask me.

8. TeddyWestside

TeddyWestside Scott is Endgame. Donor

I suppose they can always air the second half later in 2021.

However I think she just guessing with the ''Coming This Summer'' part of the summer. I believe actors don't have that much knowledge of when their show will air since that belongs to a whole other department, and especially not with these circumstances.

Stinkbug, MC Vallory, Pape and 2 others like this.
  9. xyzw1234

xyzw1234 Hammer Wielder

If anyone claims they can have a concrete release date during a pandemic which we don't know about the end date, then I have a bridge and the Eiffel Tower to sell them.

10. The_Abbott

The_Abbott Tank Driver

So has all the post production been done on episodes shot in March? Seems a bit suspect unless they are banking on restrictions being lifted soon so they can continue that work for an August start date, at least for the first 8 episodes.

Stinkbug, Pape and Mtricky like this.
  11. Brian Dixon

Brian Dixon Bowman

Did that article just spoil that M0rgan is saved?

Stinkbug, Mtricky and Pape like this.
  12. Pape

Pape The Soulmate Donor

How much for the tower?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2020, Original Post Date: Apr 21, 2020 ---
    newp ... think we all knew it ... Morgan Lives. People Die.

Mtricky likes this.
  13. Mtricky

Mtricky Ringleader Donor

14. Ralph

Ralph Bowman

I predict that World premieres in early June, runs until mid August, in time for FTWD 6A to run to mid October, then 11A of TWD starts on time, and FTWD 6B airs during the S11 break.

Mtricky, Stinkbug and Pape like this.
  15. xyzw1234

xyzw1234 Hammer Wielder

KLouisville, Stinkbug and Pape like this.
  16. TeddyWestside

New anthology show Soul Mates will be airing in the second half as well, Carroll said, along with some episodes of the sixth season of Fear the Walking Dead. The zombie franchise shoots in Georgia, he noted, with officials there leading the charge to reopen and ease COVID-19 restrictions on movie theaters and other businesses. “Writers rooms are open and we will monitor week-to-week, if not day-to-day production schedules. We don’t have any information now” about the outlook for shooting, Carroll said.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/amc-ne...ord-beyond-fall-premiere-on-track-1202926328/

Seems like they will at least air the filmed firsy 8 episodes of Fear this year.

Mtricky, Stinkbug and Brlovers like this.
  17. draggonsgate

draggonsgate Keeper of Carol's Cookies Donor

So... TWD 4b... got it...

Mtricky, Stinkbug and Robb Black like this.
  18. Daphine

Daphine Ass-Kicker

I read a recent interview with Jeffrey Dean Morgan and he has said that they have no idea when Season 11 will start filming or even air. They were just about to start pre-production when the "world" shut down which means they probably don't have any scripts completed to start filming and they have to finish Season 6 of FTWD and deal with The Walking Dead: World Beyond...I don't have any expectations of seeing anything but the Season 10 finale this year. I think that Season 11 will not air until sometime in 2021.

Robb Black and Stinkbug like this.
  19. matt93

matt93 Tank Driver Donor

I still stand by this, especially after that last article that was released a few days ago where they continue to avoid being straightforward with everyone at all costs lol. I’m genuinely curious if they’ll EVER outright admit that it’s just a season entirely of bottle episodes. I mean surely they know that they don’t have anything to lose by admitting it, given it’s abundantly clear already that nobody’s even remotely falling for their word-salad. If anything I’d imagine they’d have slightly more to gain, at least in the sense that they’re showing that they don’t see the audience as a bunch of mindless sheep.

Robb Black, Brlovers and Mtricky like this.
  20. TeddyWestside

Why would they say something bad about their show? I dont think a ''Bottle Episode'' is really a positive term.

Mtricky and Robb Black like this.