1. After several years of fun and mayhem, TSDF has closed permanently. For members, this remains a place to reminisce at old discussions and laugh at old shenanigans. For new friends who just found us, it can be an archive of reference to help you navigate your way through the TWD shows and Comics. We wish you well!

Chandler Riggs (New)

Discussion in 'Chandler Riggs' started by SliceyDicey, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

Tbh even now I'd say Andy himself deserves awards. TWD definitely not. It hasn't deserved it S4/5.

Me, the obviously bias fan with intentional lack of consideration on how awards work and in fact lack of caring: where are chandlers awards tho
    i mean, more awards. he's won five out of nine.

Niolle likes this.
  2. Niolle

Niolle Ringleader

sister and xyzw1234 like this.
  3. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

Waits for the media to slam him.

Waits for literally every big TWD YouTuber to cover it.

Waits to get angry.

why do i do this to myself

4. Niolle

Niolle Ringleader

I don't think they will. Everyone agrees with Chandler that Andy deserves a nomination. Even comicbook.

xyzw1234 likes this.
  5. xyzw1234

xyzw1234 Hammer Wielder

Of course, and I guess being honest and not BS'ing is probably one reason why most of us like him here. Neither is it surprising that the people who tend to post in this thread share similar attributes.

Yet my point was not whether he cares about the consequences of his words or not, but whether he should. Words have meaning, especially for a public figure like him, and it is perhaps an unwise idea to hand over ammunition for the media to fire back at him and his fans. This is a lesson that needs to be learnt, and preferably sooner rather than later.

It is - surprisingly - possible to be both tactful while still speaking bluntly at the same time. It's just a matter of choosing when to fight your battles, and how to fight them. If I were CR and wished to opine about the Emmys etc. being unfair, I would have considered either retweeting an existing tweet or using allegories, metaphors etc. There's a good reason why rhetoric has been a prized subject from ancient times to the modern era. One does not have to be a master at it, but public figures should at least know the basics.

Let's use Occam's Razor and examine why. As the deuteragonist - aka secondmost important character - of one of the world's (former) most watched TV series, one could imagine that CR's exposure is far larger than Cudlitz or Payne irregardless of acting ability and experience. If people had to list but three actor names from The Walking Dead, the most frequent combination I've seen (and I've flown on multiple airlines which only display limited actor names so I believe I can speak with authority on this subject) would be AL, NR and CR. Nothing to do with age or targeting him; it's just that it's easier to write clickbait about him from a journalist's perspective.

Perhaps, but one must also consider Andy's own character being relatively low key. There are both pros and cons to such an approach, one of the cons being that naturally he gets put in the spotlight less often and hence gets less recognised. It might not be 'fair', but given that he pretty much decided to choose this path as an actor and person, I wouldn't necessarily state that it's unmerited. And chances are AL doesn't give a flying f*** about the awards anyway.

6. Niolle

Niolle Ringleader

Chandler's new track

The Walking Dead’s Chandler Riggs signs to Steve Aoki label and drops new single Endeavour

Who knew Carl Grimes had such an eclectic taste in music? The Walking Dead actor Chandler Riggs is signed to Steve Aoki’s record label and has just released a new song that might surprise fans. Chandler, 19, bowed out of The Walking Dead in 2018 after eight seasons and has apparently focused on recording his own music, Under the stage name Eclipse, Chandler is signed to Aoki’s Dim Mak Records and has dropped a new song, Endeavor, under the label’s New Noise imprint. And no, it’s not a teeny-bopper of One Direction ilk, but rather an atmospheric electronic dance number, ‘coated in ethereal soundscapes’. Sounds like a dream.

If you’re a true fan of Chandler, then his foray into music shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise as the teen has DJ’ed at various events over the past couple of years, including the huge EDC festival in Las Vegas. Rock on. Opening up about his passion for music, Chandler told KTLA 5 last year: ‘I’m actually producing music kind of on the side, and I’m starting to play some shows and things like that. ‘I’m doing that and acting, it’s quite a lot to juggle but it’s a lot of fun.’ He added: ‘I produce electronic kind of music, like EDM kind of stuff. Acting is awesome, but I’m really, really able to express myself creatively in music.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/07/walk...oki-label-drops-new-single-endeavour-8844943/

xyzw1234 likes this.
  7. xyzw1234

xyzw1234 Hammer Wielder

Wow just wow

8. Niolle

Niolle Ringleader

I liked it too.

xyzw1234 likes this.
  9. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

Kinda worries me that he's signed on with a record label. I've heard horror stories of signing with music companies. Hopefully his music doesn't lose its sense of self that he's given it and stays sounding like he wants it to sound.

Niolle and xyzw1234 like this.
  10. Niolle

Niolle Ringleader

I'm sure he thought about this. His DJ friends Vincent and Cray and many others have been in the music industry for a long time and can warn him/him give him advice about it.

xyzw1234 likes this.
  11. xyzw1234

xyzw1234 Hammer Wielder

CR has experienced more than his fair share of backstabbing already. He deserves a break.

sister and Niolle like this.
  12. Niolle

Niolle Ringleader

Yeah.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 7, 2019 ---
    Look Chandler and Haleigh have kittens now :LOL:

sister and xyzw1234 like this.
  13. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

Yeah, that's why I'm kinda side eyeing it. Hoping these people don't try to screw him over too. He expressed quite strongly how he likes making music because he has his own creative freedom with it. I don't doubt he thought about it and he's very intelligent, but after the shit AMC put him through I can't help but worry.

K I T T E N S.

If they don't end up giving away any of them, Chandler is officially a cat man. Not just a cat person. A very specific type of cat person that is buried in kitties and often surrounded by them.

-wipes tear- I'm so proud. Look at all the tinies...

xyzw1234 and Niolle like this.
  14. xyzw1234

xyzw1234 Hammer Wielder

To be fair actors' creative freedom tend to be limited, as the narrative/plotting aspect is typically by showrunners/writers who are paid to do that job. It's just rather unfortunate that TWD ended up in the hands of one of the Three Great Showruiners of the 21st Century. An actor's job is to deliver the material, not to plan it, and their creative license typically lies in that direction.

That said I do see how there could potentially be a problem and hopefully he doesn't get backstabbed again.

I suspect some of the kittens would be given to family and friends when they are older. I don't think they can take care of so many kittens at once, and if those kittens have more kittens in the future then there could easily be an exponential problem.

15. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

Well yeah, that's why he enjoys music from my understanding. He likes the creative freedom he has in music that he can't get in filming. Not that he doesn't like acting, but that he likes having some kind of control of what he creates. I've heard stories about people having their own kind of music and then they sign on with record labels and their music totally changes.

Next time he gets backstabbed I might have to start stabbing backs. :/// Ain't got time for the world to be taking advantage of good people.

Yeah, most of the time I hear about a litter of kittens I know they get given to various other friends/family. It's also amusing though to imagine Chandler being swamped in kittens while trying to do something productive and failing because the kittens want their love. <3

Niolle likes this.
  16. Niolle

Niolle Ringleader

Chandler changed his IG bio

[​IMG]

Axel, ndtuser, xyzw1234 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

A good sign if I ever saw one.

xyzw1234 and Niolle like this.
  18. xyzw1234

xyzw1234 Hammer Wielder

The last one can be... very interesting, and having been to one of them I can see it revolutionising the music/events industry (there's still the 'experience' of interacting with loads of people and the artist, but no need to fork over too much $$$). If - if - it succeeds, I suspect that will be what CR is known for in the future rather than his acting career.

Axel and Niolle like this.
  19. BowlFullOfAwesome

BowlFullOfAwesome Spoiler Team | #TSDFamily Spoiler Team Donor
    Spoiler/Social Media Stalker

20. Niolle

Niolle Ringleader

Chandler's first project as a producer of urlevents

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 26, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 25, 2019 ---
    Chandler in "Only"

[​IMG]

sister, Corgan, Axel and 2 others like this.