1. After several years of fun and mayhem, TSDF has closed permanently. For members, this remains a place to reminisce at old discussions and laugh at old shenanigans. For new friends who just found us, it can be an archive of reference to help you navigate your way through the TWD shows and Comics. We wish you well!

Article Chandler Riggs Gets Incredible Yearbook ‘Senior Ad’ Page

Discussion in 'Chandler Riggs' started by red handled machete, May 2, 2017.

1. red handled machete

red handled machete Moderator - Andrew Lincoln's Curl Twirler Board Moderator Donor

Imagine being Chandler Riggs for a second. Not only are you part of the most famous television series in pop-culture, but your character gets to fight zombies as his way of life. Now, that isn’t exactly the most exciting way of life, but it’s certainly something out of the ordinary. For both Chandler and Carl, living a life other than ordinary comes as second nature.

Chandler Riggs is a senior in high school and has kept up with a rigorous schedule as well as an exhausting work and work tour schedule. On top of this, he still manages to have a social life and – most importantly – he makes his parents proud. So proud, in fact, that they took out a special ad out in his high school yearbook and while it may look ordinary enough, he’s got that whole ‘cover of Entertainment Weekly’ going for him that not many others can say they’ve got.

One of Chandler’s classmates posted a photo of this yearbook senior ad on Reddit and it is really sweet. They made a dedication under a collage of photos of Chandler at various stages of his life and career.

[​IMG]

‘From the time you were four years old, we knew you were destined to do great things. You have been given a special gift and you’ve proven to us that you can balance your professional life with a rigorous school schedule. We didn’t know how you’d be able to keep up at all, but you’ve done it! We are so proud to be your parents and we thank you for sharing your crazy journey with us. Congratulations! We love you! Mom and Dad’

Chandler’s journey certainly has been a crazy one and his parents have every reason and right to be insanely proud of him for all he’s accomplished and all he’ll continue to accomplish in the future.

We’re sending you our congratulations too, Chandler! Way to go!

https://fanfest.com/chandler-riggs-gets-incredible-yearbook-senior-ad-page/

2. Bre Phillips

Bre Phillips Crimson Tide Chick Donor

Thank you for posting this, RHM! We forget sometimes that he's a kid and has as much going on as any adult on the show. It makes my heart sing to know he has awesome parents that support his dreams! Such a good boy!:happy:

3. BigPeach

BigPeach Hammer Wielder

All this and he is graduating with honors and has a ride to Auburn University as well. Really sweet and polite in person too.

4. red handled machete

red handled machete Moderator - Andrew Lincoln's Curl Twirler Board Moderator Donor

Totally agree, I think he's a credit to his generation. :happy:

5. Walkerbait75

Walkerbait75 Grimes family and Connie Stan Donor

Aww that's a cute ad, his parents must be so proud!:happy:

6. Vnnoel

Vnnoel Certified Rick + Michonne trash™ Donor

Congrats chandler! I feel like a proud mother :happy:

7. BowlFullOfAwesome

BowlFullOfAwesome Spoiler Team | #TSDFamily Spoiler Team Donor
    Spoiler/Social Media Stalker

8. Axel

Axel Hammer Wielder

Congrats to Chandler! Thanks for posting @red handled machete

He's actually got a better ride now, to UGA!

9. BigPeach

BigPeach Hammer Wielder

Really? That's awesome. Is he switching? Athens is a long way from Senoia.

10. Axel

Axel Hammer Wielder

Yeah it is! His goal was always UGA, Auburn was just a falback. I don't think he's specified which campus he's going to go to.

11. RicksNub

RicksNub You come at the King, you best not miss. Donor

Very very cool. Sometimes I forget how young he was when he first started on the show.

12. GrimesFamily

GrimesFamily When I say Rick, you say Grimes Donor

Very cool! Way to go, Chandler!!!

13. TWD 4GR

TWD 4GR Content Manager -Mr. C's Personal Pink Robe Holder Content Manager Donor

Haha, me too! ❤️ So happy for him! He's such a great young man.

14. Jessee

Jessee lazy Donor

awwww that's so sweet

15. mrdead

mrdead Lawman Donor

Congrats Chandler! you have a great family

16. stoneridgehouse

stoneridgehouse That Neighbor With a Bunker Donor

[​IMG]

17. Lucille Grimes

Lucille Grimes Baseball Bat Donor

It's funny how many people say he's spoiled and stuff just for this, but most high schools allow parents to buy an entire page in their yearbook -- and it doesn't actually cost much. Just proud parents, and they should be! Chandler certainly had his work cut out for him just to manage school and the show, and not only that, he was an AP student. I'm proud just as a fan!

18. jessica

jessica We have to go back! Donor

Wow that was nice! Thanks for sharing Red!

19. Rdatpearce

Rdatpearce Bereaved Carl Fan Donor

Mom and dad have done a great job. And any of us that have, or currently are, raising teenagers in this world can attest; it's not easy. Just your average teenager has to deal with so much more than I did in the 80s. We dealt with insecurities and peer pressure, but at least it wasn't being critiqued by social media. Add on the money he's making, and it could easily be a recipe for disaster. So, mom and dad, you've done an awesome job.
    ☺️

Carol's Cookies, Axel, Niolle and 2 others like this.
  20. Carol's Cookies

Carol's Cookies Aaron Rodgers' cookie maker Donor

Thanks for sharing @red handled machete! I think it's awesome that he is continuing his education. It sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and a great life ahead of him. It's clear how proud his parents are of him, and they should be! :happy: