1. After several years of fun and mayhem, TSDF has closed permanently. For members, this remains a place to reminisce at old discussions and laugh at old shenanigans. For new friends who just found us, it can be an archive of reference to help you navigate your way through the TWD shows and Comics. We wish you well!

Article ‘The Walking Dead’s Chandler Riggs Explains Why He’s Been Quiet Recently

Discussion in 'Chandler Riggs' started by Aussie Walker, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Aussie Walker

Aussie Walker Clinomaniac Donor

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdea...rl-grimes-chandler-riggs-acting-music-update/

‘The Walking Dead’s Chandler Riggs Explains Why He’s Been Quiet Recently
    By CAMERON BONOMOLO - October 29, 2018

Former The Walking Dead star Chandler Riggs has been quietly prepping exciting acting and music projects following the death of his Carl Grimes in Season Eight of the zombie drama.

Riggs revealed during a September convention appearance he’s enlisted in acting lessons in addition to developing his career as a musician, where he creates and performs electronic music under the name “Eclipse.”

“I got pretty close for a couple [roles], but nothing too big yet,” Riggs told an inquiring fan during Walker Stalker Con Orlando, pointing to his auditions for lead roles in Solo: A Star Wars Story and Marvel Studios’ Spider-Man reboot.

“But I’m still auditioning, and taking some acting classes, staying very busy. So I’ll be in something soon, don’t worry.”

The 19-year-old actor next stars in crime-thriller Inherit the Viper alongside Josh Hartnett and Bruce Dern, and sci-fi Only, where he appears alongside former Walking Dead co-stars Joshua Mikel and Jayson Warner-Smith.

Riggs performed at EDC Las Vegas 2018 following the debut of his four-track EP on SoundCloud earlier this year.

“I’m actually producing music kind of on the side, and I’m starting to play some shows and things like that,” Riggs told KTLA 5 after relocating from Georgia to Los Angeles when his tenure on The Walking Dead ended.

“I’m doing that and acting, it’s quite a lot to juggle but it’s a lot of fun.”

Riggs remarked acting is “awesome, but I’m really, really able to express myself creatively in music.”

He has since said he’s “satisfied” with Carl’s controversial death in The Walking Dead Season Eight mid-season premiere, which came as a major deviation from creator Robert Kirkman’s source material.

The late Carl is still the driving force for father Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), who makes his own exit from the series this Sunday. Carl’s death fuels Rick’s obsessive mission to fulfill the idyllic future he promised his dying son, bringing Rick into conflict with even close allies Daryl (Norman Reedus) and Maggie (Lauren Cohan).

2. Rotten_Sinner

Rotten_Sinner Marauder

I'm really hoping Chandler finds great success in both music and, especially, acting.

He got majorly shafted by AMC after all the hard work he put in over the years.

3. Lovedsammy

Lovedsammy Carl Grimes Deserved Better Donor

I'm so glad that Chandler is doing well and seems to have moved on. I'll never be over what Gimple and AMC did to him (and to Carl), but it's good to see that he's doing what he wants to do and is seemingly better off for it.

HBelusky, Axel, HillBilly and 7 others like this.
  4. twdmojo

twdmojo Mojo Donor

5. Niolle

Niolle Ringleader

Can't wait

HBelusky, Axel, HillBilly and 2 others like this.
  6. TheGovernor89

TheGovernor89 Bowman

Electronic music et musician don't go in the same sentence but good luck to him!

I wish him,as Borat would say, GREAT SUCCESS.

Aussie Walker and twdmojo like this.
  7. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

He's always staying so busy. Such an amazing person for his age.

Gotta love how ComicBook can't let go of the fact that Chandler has moved on. The way they keep using quotations for stuff like "satisfied" is like, yeah, okay CB, we get it... ...but he's living his life and not dwelling on it... Kinda what ya gotta do in this business...

Super nice to know Josh and Jayson get to work together again! I only knew Chandler was in those titles. Still looking forward to them, but a little bit more now. <3

8. Niolle

Niolle Ringleader

He's always so busy. It seems he's been working non-stop since May 2017 (right after he graduated), first TWD then his music/shows/filming/acting classes.

9. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

I mean hell, the fact that he was acting while in high school period is already super busy. People's school only lives - especially senior year - are pretty booked. That and all those AP classes? Plus acting? Boyo is a saint. I could never do that.

10. Niolle

Niolle Ringleader

And he graduated with honors :happy:

11. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

People get on his case for a few so-so acting moments. Meanwhile Chandler has a pile of backups if he ever decides he doesn't wanna act anymore. Genuine, polite, well tempered, talented, proven intelligent. whatever did this world do to deserve chandler riggs and how have we acquired this one

everyone on this forum rn is prob like oh there go those two gushing over chandler again
    but but but i can't help it he's still amazing me!

12. HBelusky

HBelusky Bowman

I love how @Niolle is so proud of her baby!! Your genuine interest in him is fantastic!!

I truly wish him the best!! I hate TWD without him. I know he's moved on and fine, but I'm not there yet. I wish I wasn't bitter. I wish I could move on from it.

13. sunliner403

sunliner403 Bowman

Riggs seems to have handled the BS better than some of us fans. I know he was bummed but he seems to have always known that showbiz is often brutal. Such a great guy, and with his talent, attitude- and good grades- he has tons of options.

xyzw1234 and nothardlynothalf like this.
  14. Leafy

Leafy Bowman

He has a lot going for him and it breaks my heart to see that he doesn't think he's that great of an actor. How much can you really do when the script barely gives you any screentime? And when half of what you even have is carrying a baby around? I really can't wait to see his new films because I really think he has a lot of acting talent that he just hasn't been able to explore yet. If he continues acting for many years to come, I really would love to see what he grows into as an actor when he's older.

Honestly the most painful thing about it all is that I really think he could play Carl again once he wasn't so busy with everything else in his life. It's a chance we'll never, ever get now in a way that makes sense without some insane TWD S8 onward rewrite which something tells me isn't gonna happen. Prequels won't happen with Chandler because Carl would have to be recast since he'd be younger again. Chandler also said he felt like Carl would have been better off being recast if he'd survived but honestly... at this point I'd rather have decent and not amazing performances from a busy Chandler than someone else playing Carl. I just can't see someone else as Carl. He was always the perfect Carl to me. He's handled it so much better than the fans, I agree. It just also breaks my heart that all that potential for BOTH Carl and Chandler and both of them together as character and actor is just gone. Carl could have grown up to be even more of a badass, and the show's got Daryl who he's always been close to. They'd make an amazing S9 duo.

I'm very glad he's starting to release merchandise for his music alias now though. He's getting things done and going the way he wants to go. It's more that it's just unfortunate it happened like this instead of him just deciding he was ready to move on on his own, etc. He might not think his scenes were all that great because he was tired and all, but he makes the best Carl and I can't accept Carl any other way now. <3

nothardlynothalf likes this.